Does Graphviz take on students or interns these days? We’ve missed the boat for this year’s Google Summer of Code, but it seems like the kind of thing Graphviz could benefit from. I know there are some cool ideas in the open issues, that I myself will never have enough consolidated free time to work on. However, I could definitely part-time mentor an enthusiastic student or two.
Some rough criteria I have in mind for such projects:
- Feasible for a student to accomplish in ~3 months
- Flexible scope to enable a really productive student to go above and beyond
- Not on the critical path, in terms of blocking releases or causing major regressions
- Touching code that at least one of us understands
- Researchy enough that they’ll need to teach themselves something new
- “Cool” - i.e. not build system hacking etc