Insert emoji to node

Hey, when having an emoji into a label I get an error:

graphviz.backend.CalledProcessError: Command ‘[‘dot’, ‘-Kdot’, ‘-Tpdf’, ‘-O’, ‘test1’]’ returned non-zero exit status 3221225477. [stderr: b’’]

Some one know how I fix this problem?

Thanks for the helpers

Can you attach your input file?

Of course!

from graphviz import Digraph

dot = Digraph(comment=‘emoji’)

dot.node(‘A’, ‘:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:’)

dot.node(‘B’, ‘:grin:’)

dot.node(‘L’, ‘:joy:’)

dot.edges([‘AB’, ‘AL’])

dot.edge(‘B’, ‘L’, constraint=‘false’)

print(dot)

dot.render(‘test-output/emoji’, view=True)

Thanks

In fact, I removed the latest version and installed version 2.46.0.
I do not accept this error but I still do not see the emoji and without the new line,
I will attach the code and output

from graphviz import Digraph

dot = Digraph(comment=‘emoji’)

dot.node(‘A’, “”":grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

:grin:""")

dot.node(‘B’, ‘:grin:’)

dot.node(‘L’, ‘:joy:’)

dot.edges([‘AB’, ‘AL’])

dot.edge(‘B’, ‘L’, constraint=‘false’)

print(dot)

dot.render(‘test-output/emoji’, view=True, format=‘png’)emoji

You didn’t say if this is Linux, Windows or Mac, but those symbols are the driver’s way of saying the font in use doesn’t have those unicode characters. The graphviz default fonts are basic (Times-Roman) so you’ll need to supply a different font file that contains the (color) emojis. Apparently Google Noto fonts could be one choice. We don’t ship fonts with graphviz, so they have to either be present on your computer or you need to get them somewhere. (We are already accused of having enough overweening complexity.) I don’t remember all the details but you may find it informative to try the pango-view utility (this is not part of graphviz either but a support tool for the pango library that we use in some of the Linux drivers). You can also experiment with the raw -Tps or -Tsvg output from Graphviz which you can see and edit in any text editor.

It’s probably windows, judging by the really large error code number.

Yes, I use windows, so there is nothing to do?
As for the emoji, I understand I need a new font. But as for the fact that the graph does not detect a new line, is there anything I can do to solve this problem?

The newline issue unfortunately was an accidental regression in 2.46.0, #1931. Fixed in !1717 which should make it into the next release.