Graphviz web site, new edition

About finding basic Graphviz info on the website:

I am updating website for Gramps, a genealogy program that uses (underutilizes) Graphviz for diagramming genealogical (family tree) charts.

We had some linkrot pointing to the mothballed GitHub site which need to be freshened to the new site. But I’m having trouble finding the best anchor points for a few items.

As an example, one section of our wiki had this GitHub linked info:
On Linux you can use your package manager.
(As of 2017-01-21 the latest Graphviz version is 2.40.1 / Released 25 December 2016).

People troubleshooting problems want to QUICKLY check to see if they need to update to a more recent stable version. I am having problems finding the stable and current developmental version information. (I thought it would be easily found from the Download page… but there are WAY too many branching links to explore. Plus I’d need to check every link for Win, macOS and the many dialects of Linux.)

Also, the About talks about what the software can do but not about the project. I cannot tell when the GitHub development was mothballed. And I hit a couple roadblocks when trying to explore GitLab. I wanted to confirm the right Licensing model was attributed to Graphviz.

Do you have suggestions for where we should link?

As a new user to this Discourse forum, I can only insert 2 links. So…